(WEHT) – The following locations are offering to provide shelter during the severe weather event in the Tri-States on Wednesday.
- The Hopkins County Government Center at 56 N. Main Street in Madisonville. This building is not a certified storm shelter and visitors will need to register at the entrance.
- The gymnasiums at Madisonville North Hopkins High School and Southside Elementary School will be open from 6 p.m. until the serious threat passes. These buildings are not certified storm shelters and a waiver must be signed by visitors.
- Dawson Springs Independent Schools opened the high school as a tornado safe zone. For more information, click here.
- The following churches have agreed to open as storm shelters:
- Grandview United Methodist Church, 424 W Main St. Grandview. Enter through the basement door.
- Trinity United Methodist Church, 124 S Fifth St. Rockport. Use the Walnut St. entrance in the basement.
- Chrisney Baptist Church, 308 S. Main St., Chrisney. Enter through the south basement door.
- Santa Claus United Methodist Church, 351 N Holiday Blvd. Use the main entrance.
- The following churches have offered residents use of their basements:
- Island Baptist
- Baptist Calhoun
- Sacramento Cumberland Presbyterian
- Sacramento Baptist
- Sacramento Methodist
- Beech Grove Christian Church
- Baptist of Livermore
- Pleasant hope
- Community Church
- For today’s tornado threat event only, the following churches have agreed to open their basements for shelter:
- Yellow Creek Baptist Church across from Yellow Creek Park, 5741 KY Highway 144 (when sirens activate)
- Heritage Baptist Church, 3585 Thurston-Dermont Road, (6 p.m. to 10 p.m.)
- St. Stephen’s Cathedral South Basement Entrance, 610 Locust Street (4:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.)
- No food will be served. People will need to bring a bottle of water with him.
- The following churches are opening as shelters:
- Cherry Hill Baptist Church
- Green River Chapel Church
- Church of the Hill of the Bards
- Chapel of Powers
- Beechmont Baptist missionary
- Brier Creek Church
- Sacramento CP Church
- Riverside Missionary Baptist Church
- A new hope
- Baptiste Ebenezer
- Central City Baptist Temple
- East Union to Graham
- General Baptist Belton Beechmont
- New powdery life
- The following locations have been designated as shelters for tonight’s inclement weather:
- Central Baptist Church, 25 State Route 3543, Hawesville, Ky 42348.
- Dukes Cumberland Presbyterian Church, 7814 State Route, 144 E Hawesville, Ky 42348.
- The shelters above aren’t a 100% guarantee against full-scale tornadoes, but the Hancock County Emergency Management Agency says they’re the best option for many.