FRI. May 20
• Alice’s Hacienda Ford will be holding a blood drive at 2265 E. Main Street. Blood drive is from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
SAT. May 21st
• A Mental Health Awareness Fundraiser by YMCA Alice of Coastal Bend will take place at the natatorium from 1-5 pm. Registration fees are $10 per person and $5 for children three and under. These will be foods available for purchase. For more information, call 361-232-4392.
• The West Main Baptist Church will be holding a rummage sale at 1001 W. Main Street. They will start at 8 a.m. All proceeds will go to the children’s summer camp.
SAT. May 28
• 16th Annual 4th of July Contest at Norman Thomas Elementary School in Freer. The show starts at 3 p.m. Tickets for adults are $8 and $6 for children. For more information, contact Geri Guajardo Van Pelt or Erica Z. Schuessler via Facebook.
• Betania Church Revival 2022 will host a revival at the Alice Boys and Girls Club. The event starts at 7 p.m.
MON. May 30
• A Memorial Day Ceremony will be hosted by the Rotary Club of Alice, JWC Veterans Office and VFW Post 8621 at VFW Hall in Alice. The ceremony begins at 9:30 a.m.
WED, June 1
• The JWC Veterans Roundtable will host a pancake breakfast at IHOP, 3300 E. Main Street, for veterans. The event is from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
MON. June 6
• First Baptist Church will host its annual Vacation Bible School for children who have completed kindergarten through grade six. VBS is from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. For more information, call 361-664-7318.
• West Main Baptist Church will have its annual Vacation Bible School June 6-10 for students in kindergarten through sixth grade. VBS is from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• The Alice ISD Rising Stars Basketball Camp will be held June 6-8 for incoming students in grades 3-9. Camper fee is $40, cash only. For more information, email [email protected] or [email protected] report. Forms can be collected from the Alice HS Athletic Office.
SAT. June 11
• Knights of Columbus Council #3169 will hold its 17th annual scholarship golf tournament at the Alice Municipal Golf Course. Departure time is at 8 am. Registration fees are $280 per team and $70 per player. For more information, call 361-389-1627 or 361-664-7033. • The 10th Annual Moe Hill Unity Football Camp will be held June 11, 18, 25 and July 2 at WAMS Field. The camp is free for children 6 years and older. The time is from 10:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. For more information, call 361-562-2955. MON. June 13
• The Coyote Boys Basketball Camp will be held over three days for students in grades 3-8. The fee is $45 per person. For more information, call 361-664-0981.
FRI. June 24
• Jim Wells and Duval Counties will host the Relay For Life Walk at Anderson Park in Alice at 6:00 pm. For more information, visit www.relayforlife.org/jimwellsandduvalcountytx
MON. June 13
SAT. June 25
• The fourth annual Alice Coyote Football Alumni Golf Tournament will be held at the Alice Municipal Golf Course. For more information, call Javier Leal at 351-562-3625.
MAR. June 28
• Alice’s Downtown Ambassadors are hosting a Casa de Arte from 6 to 8 p.m. at Investar Bank, 601 E. Main Street. Tickets are $25. For more information, search for ambassadors on Facebook.
SAT. 20 August
• Brown Impression hosts a “Save the Children” Custom Car Show at the Jim Wells County Fairgrounds. Setup is at 8 a.m. and the show starts at 1 p.m. Vehicle donations are $20 and bicycle donations are $15. The event is free to the public. For more information, call 361-207-9537 or 361-396-7987.